The Catering Chef participates in coordinating production activities, assigning work and training of employees on proper food preparation technique. Exhibits expertise in all phases of food preparation and use of all kitchen equipment. Assumes a leadership role in the kitchen in organizing and direction of production staff for meal and catering services. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting quality assurance methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Normally receives minimal instruction on daily work assignments with general instruction provided on new and/or more complex assignments.
- Assist the Executive Chef in daily management and supervision of the Dining, services culinary team in a specific operational areas, manage culinary personnel to execute recipes, menus, production standards, cooking processes, methods and procedures of day to day residential, or retail dining operations, will also assist the Executive Chef in menu and recipe development for residential and retail dining, commissary production facility, or future catering operations, responsible for financial accountability to systems and processes including accurate ordering and inventory management, appropriate product selection, and vendor relationships, implement planned menu cycles or programs established for residential or retail dining operations, implement established performance goals and conduct performance appraisals for career and student staff both directly and indirectly supervised, position requires successful completion of a background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and 1 year of related experience or 5 years equivalent related experience/education/training.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of food and production.
- Verbal and written communication in the English language, active listening, and dynamic flexibility, critical thinking, multitask and time management.
- Decision making, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, operations analysis, and quality control analysis.
- Basic computer application skills.
- Effective interpersonal and work leader ship skills to provide guidance to all operational and technical personnel or new employees at this level.
- Interpersonal communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with individuals of varying backgrounds and perspectives to research and secure information to resolve problems.
- Skill to write concise, logical, and grammatically correct operational / administrative related reports or correspondence, including but not limited to recipes, schedules, procedures, employee performance evaluations, and reports.
- Advanced knowledge in food preparation, culinary trends, vegetarian, vegan and raw cuisine, nutrition, special dietary needs, allergy awareness and sanitation regulations.
- Culinary experience in restaurant or dining service/hospitality field, including but not limited to menu development, catering, food production, handling and storage, quality control, health and safety.
- Experience working independently to initiate and execute new programs, menu development, and operational change.
- Experience with computer
- based systems to administer and manage food service, including but not limited to production, purchasing, forecasting, menus, labor scheduling and management, financial reports and meal plan control.
- Spanish / English bilingual. Knowledge of financial management to successfully administer a budget. ServSafe certification or equivalent.
- Experience and skill to work cooperatively in individual, group, and formal settings, and to interact effectively with diverse communities, university staff, and students.
- Knowledge of University systems, policies and procedures, and familiarity with the UC Merced campus community, its goals and philosophies.
Learn more and apply here.
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.