This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
How cross-sector collaboration and investment can drive the innovation and technology that will scale solutions for famers, the food industry, consumers and the environment.
As the planet’s population increases, and natural resources are put under ever-more pressure, the agriculture industry faces the central challenge of how to grow more crops efficiently and sustainably.
More money went into funding agricultural technology startups in 2017 than the previous two years combined. Will this surge of agri tech solutions and investments provide answers that consumers and food companies are looking for? What are other solutions that will scale sustainable solutions for feeding future generations?
In this webinar, experts from food giant Mars and technology innovator Indigo Ag, will debate how brands can work with their suppliers and farmers to develop sustainable agriculture solutions, and also explore what some of those solutions look like now and will do so in the future.
- Where are the current challenges and opportunities?
- How are companies using the latest tech solutions to frame and then deliver on their targets through sustainable intensification?
- What is the investment outlook in advancing healthy food for all and conserving resources for future generations? How will ag tech sector investments contribute to this?
- What needs to happen by 2020, 2030 and 2050?
- How are we going to get there?
Panel: Ashley Allen, climate and land senior manager, Mars Dr Kevin Kephart, head of industry relations, Indigo Ag
Further panellists to be confirmed- Moderator: Ian Welsh, publishing director, Innovation Forum