This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Healthcare Services group in Merced is hiring!
Full Time Certified Dietary Manager
- Manages the foodservice program in a single site according to Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) policies and procedures, and federal/state requirements.
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Maintains records of income and expenditures, food, supplies, personnel and equipment and provides reports to HCSG District Manager on such.
- Makes sure facility has sufficient supplies.
- Takes periodic inventories of supplies and materials, trains new employees, and recommends dismissals.
- Acts as liaison between building occupants, client managers or administrators and HCSG staff.
- The Manager must be able to communicate effectively all directives from client managers, building occupants and administrators to HCSG staff.
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of dietary aide, cook, and dishwasher positions for purposes of training and assisting when there are call-outs.
- Training, quality control and in-servicing staff to HCSG standards is an essential part of the Manager’s responsibility and includes touring kitchen several times per day to assess work quality using QCIs for documentation purposes.
- The Manager is a department head in the facility and must conduct themselves and their department in a professional manner.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate’s degree or higher in food service management or in hospitality, if the course study includes food service or restaurant management, from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred.
- Specialized training in foodservice management and nutrition is desirable.
- Current ServSafe certification is required in accordance with State/County law, or must become ServSafe certified within 30 calendar days of hire.
- Certified Dietary Manager or Certified Food Service Manager designation is required in accordance with CMS and/or State/County law.
- Two years’ experience in quantity food production/service and personnel supervision is desired.
- Two years or more related dining/nutrition experience is desired.
- Skilled in motivating and supervising foodservice personnel.
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Ability to read and understand nutrient analysis reports.
- Knowledge of foodservice program requirements.
- An understanding of foodservice program finances.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required, including web-based reporting.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Skill in using public relations techniques to promote the foodservice program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other personnel and the public.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs
For More Information: Healthcare Services Group