Full-time Nutritional Services Position available at the Mercy Medical Center in Merced!
Position Summary: Responsible to maintain and administer dietary and nutrition services and to provide for the operational needs of staff. Oversees clinical dietitian care planning, rounds, and test trays in the kitchen..
- Directs all patient interactive positions (i.e. dietitians, diet clerks, etc) and provides for the operational needs of these positions. Maintains regulatory compliance and infection control practices.
- Maintains communication with patients, staff, and customers regarding the level of services they receive from nutrition services staff and promotes patient satisfaction with nutritional services. This data is relayed to the management team and / or staff whenever necessary.
- Maintains adequate staffing for daily needs reflecting cost efficiency. Assigns staff and workload, respecting changing priorities in daily operations. Recruits, hires and releases staff.
- Actively collaborates in the process of menu development for patient, cafeteria, and catering services. Manages facility diet manual, as well as patient diet and nutritional analysis compliance with the diet manual.
- Knowledge of organization’s budget process and ability to apply policies and practices for planning and administering a budget.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations governing Food and Nutrition Services (FNS); ability to provide, prepare and serve inpatient meals, supplements, and menu selection services.
- Knowledge of storage, preparation and maintenance of the food services area for hospital facility; ability to use these theories and techniques to provide sanitary, timely and satisfactory meals.
- Knowledge of care and maintenance of food and related equipment for delivering of meals; ability to distribute meals in a safe and timely manner consistent with prescribed diets.
- Knowledge of proper care and maintenance of kitchen areas; ability to ensure sanitation, safety and compliance standards are met in accordance with facility policies and related legal requirements.
- Knowledge of and ability to use methods, tools and documentation for evaluating, selecting, and certifying suppliers and partners.
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year nutrition management experience in related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Registered Dietitian; Working experience in an acute care hospital highly preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related field.
- Licensure: Current certification as a ServSafe Food Production manager from the International Food Safety Council.
- Special Skills: None specified.
- Training: None specified.
For more details or other job opportunities, visit their website https://careers-dignityhealth.icims.com/jobs/37480/manager-of-nutritional-patient-services/job?jtd1=-%60-MC4wMCMjb3JnIyNJbmRlZWQtb3JnYW5pYyMjMC4wMA%3D%3D_7d9dd20d71e15a057f32a23416c3c60a_NA-%60-&mode=job&iisn=Indeed.comOrganic&iis=Indeed&p=Indeedorganic&src=JB-10243%2CJB-10243&nt=1&utm_source=indeed.com&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=la62687&utm_campaign=none&utm_term=la62601dhindeedorganic&mobile=false&width=1089&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.