This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
The Bobcat Eats Food Waste Awareness and Prevention Program has been busy the last few months. In the last three months:
- The UCM Campus Community Garden donated 41.5 pounds of produce
- 279.7 pounds has been rescued from various on campus UC Merced stores like the Lantern, the Marketplace and the Campus Bookstore
- 414.9 pounds has been rescued from Jantz Cafe
- 25 pounds has been rescued from the Merced College Farmers’ Market
- 324.57 pounds has been rescued from various places/events (like the Turkey Trot and Produce on the Go)
- 22.55 pounds has been rescued from Starbucks
A huge thank you to our great employee, Katie, for helping rescue so much food and a thank you to all donors, volunteers and everyone else involved.
Contact Erin Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved today!